If Hotspot Shield VPN isn’t working with Hulu (i.e. you’re trying to watch Hulu, but the website or app knows you’re using a VPN, or you can’t connect to Hulu), follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Check to see if you’re signed into Hotspot Shield Premium, and the VPN is on
Please verify the following information:
- I have a Hotspot Shield Premium subscription
Access to Hulu is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select different server locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, subscribe here .
- I’m signed in to my Premium account
Check if you’re signed in to your Premium account . To do this, open the app, select the icon that is on the left side of the screen. Make sure under type you see Premium.
- Hotspot Shield is turned on
To ensure that Hotspot Shield VPN is on and running the screen look like this:
and not this:
Step 2: Ensure that you’re connected to the correct virtual location
If you can say “yes” to all of the above questions, but you’re still having trouble watching Hulu with your VPN, follow the instructions below:
- Ensure that you’re connected to Hotspot Shield VPN servers in the US by selecting the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of “Server location:” and choosing “United States”
- Go to itv.com or open the application and sign in to your Hulu account
- Try watching Hulu